UN 'appalled' by killing of 2 Palestinians in West Bank
Digest more
KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip — Israel handed over the bodies of 15 Palestinians on Wednesday, a day after Hamas returned the remains of an Israeli hostage. This is the latest exchange as part of a U.S.-brokered ceasefire reached last month, whose first phase is winding down even as violence continues in Palestinian territories.
Israel's military says it has launched new airstrikes against Hamas militants in Gaza, testing the ceasefire that began on Oct. 10.
On Nov. 29, 1947, the United Nations voted for the partition of Palestine and the creation of the independent Jewish state of Israel.
Palestinian fighters have returned 25 bodies of hostages under the ceasefire deal that went into effect on Oct. 10. The remaining hostages are two Israelis and a man from Thailand. In return, Israel has released the bodies of 330 Palestinians to Gaza. Most remain unidentified.
Mohammed Ibrahim, now 16, was on holiday from Florida when he was arrested for allegedly throwing rocks at Jewish settlers in the occupied West Bank.
Ceasefire violations by Israel, no housing, destroyed farmland and ongoing sea blockade are intended to destroy Palestinians in Gaza, report says
Critics worry that the creation of 'alternative safe communities' may tip the enclave into permanent division.
4don MSN
U.S.-backed aid company in Gaza shutters operations as Israel's military and defense minister clash
The foundation had already closed distribution sites after a U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect in Gaza six weeks ago.